Student Council Earns National Recognition
2019 Gold Council of Excellence – April 23, 2019
For their exemplary record of leadership, service, and activities that assist the school and community, our Student Council has been recognized as a 2019 National Gold Council of Excellence by the National Student Council (NatStuCo).
To meet the requirements for the National Council of Excellence Award, a student council must meet a variety of criteria such as crafting a written constitution, conducting regular meetings, and adopting a democratic election process. In addition, the council must demonstrate successful sponsorship and participation in leadership development and activities that service its school and community. Councils awarded the gold level of excellence award have successfully displayed the highest levels of leadership, and beyond.
“Receiving a National Gold Council of Excellence Award reflects the highest dedication on the part of BVT High School in providing a strong, well-rounded student council program,” said Ann Postlewaite, National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP) student programs director.
Jacob Stevens, Student Council Representative, applauds the hard work of the Student Council, the Student Council Executive Board and the Student Council Advisors, Danielle Cann and Megan Potenti. He explains, “Achieving the National Gold Councils of Excellence was a team effort.”
Student Council Advisor, Megan Potenti says, “I am proud of the outstanding contributions that our student council has made in our school and community. It is an honor to be recognized on a national level”
2018 – 2019 Student Council Executive Board Members
• Nolan Beckwith, Senior in Culinary Arts from Douglas
• Carlie Brown, Junior in Health Services from Mendon
• Emily Donnelly: Student Council Leader, Senior in Health Services from Millbury
• Penny Hebert, Senior in Painting & Design Technology from Upton
• Samantha Houston, Senior in Culinary Arts from Milford
• Logan Keefe: Student Council Representative, Junior in Multimedia Communications from Milford
• Olivia Mahoney: Student Council President, Senior in Health Services from Sutton
• Paige Marquez, Junior in Culinary Arts from Bellingham
• Jessica McKenzie, Senior in Culinary Arts from Mendon
• Skylar Morrissey, Junior in Health Services from Millbury
• Jacob Stevens: Student Council Representative: Senior in Culinary Arts from Douglas