PSAT & PSAT-10What are your post-graduation plans? If the answer is a four-year college, the Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT and PSAT-10) may prove helpful in the process. These exams provide hands-on practice for the SAT and/or ACT, which are a required part of the application packet for many four-year colleges. In your junior year, the results of your PSAT test can help determine scholarship eligibility.
Important Changes to the Fall PSAT Exam
As we continue to navigate a new learning environment, we are planning to administer the PSAT/NMSQT Exam from College Board here at BVT for our juniors. The PSAT Exams is scheduled for Wednesday, October, 14th. It is the only date, therefore, registered students MUST be present on that test day.
The test administration will be different this year in that:
• BVT agreed to participate in the PSAT Exam/NMSQT Study, which includes an additional section of questions beyond the standard test. The benefit of participating in the study is that all of our students taking the test do so FREE OF CHARGE. Normally, the test is $17.00 per student.
• We will administer the exam according to all College Board regulations in terms of spacing and requirements utilizing the Competition Center, Cafeteria, and Café Annex, as well as other various rooms for small groups.
• We will provide bus transportation on the day of the exam and communicate directly with students and parents who may need extra time or other accommodations.
• We will test juniors only this fall to keep in line with our schedules and state guidelines during the ongoing pandemic.
• Interested sophomores will have the opportunity to take the PSAT-10 in the spring when we hope to be back in a normal educational setting.
• Open registration begins Monday, September 14th and the deadline to register is Thursday, October 1st.
• Students should check their school e-mail for more information on how to register.
If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact:
Assessment Coordinator/AP Coordinator
It is recommended that juniors considering a four-year college take the PSAT. Sophomores are welcome, but the exam is offered first to juniors. Sophomores wishing to take the exam may register on a first-come, first-serve basis once the deadline for juniors elapses.
The PSAT is a standardized test administered by the College Board that provides hands-on practice for the SAT. It includes an evidence-based reading and writing section and a math section.
Your score reports are intended to serve as a prediction of scores on the SAT and to aid you in preparing for the SAT. Results from your junior year administration are also used to determine eligibility for scholarships and recognition from the National Merit and Achievement Scholarship Program.
The PSAT is administered each October. You can sign up for the PSAT in our Business Office before or after school on a first-come-first-served basis.
• Attendance is mandatory for students who register for the PSAT.
• There is no make-up date for the PSAT.
For more information, the College Board offers practice tests and questions for the PSAT.
The PSAT-10 is a practice standardized test administered by the College Board made specifically for high school sophomores. The test questions are not as difficult as the questions on the PSAT, which is designed primarily for juniors.
Your Score Reports are intended to serve as a prediction of scores on the SAT and to aid you in preparing for the SAT.
The PSAT-10 is generally administered between the months of February and April. You can sign up for the PSAT-10 in our Business Office before or after school on a first-come-first-served basis.
• Attendance is mandatory for students who register for the PSAT-10.
• There is no make-up date for the PSAT-10.
For more information, the College Board offers practice tests and questions for the PSAT-10.
Mark Your Calendar!
PSAT & PSAT-10 EXAMS
PSAT Exam for Juniors
will take place at BVT's campus on
Wednesday, October 14th
PSAT registration opens
Monday, September 14th.
Juniors interested in taking the
PSAT Exam should check their school e-mail
for information on how to register
with Mr. Grabowski
Space is limited to the first 200 students
who sign up. The deadline to register is
Thursday, October 1st.
For questions please contact
the Office of Student Life:
email@example.comPSAT-10 Exam for Sophomores
The PSAT-10, a test similar to the
fall PSAT will be administered
to Sophomores on a date to be
determined this coming Spring.