Thursday, October 19, 2017
• Wear your BVT spirit for Homecoming Spirit Week! Today is Decade Day. Tomorrow is Class Color Day, so dress the part – Seniors Black, Juniors Purple, Sophomores Gold/Yellow, and Freshmen White.
• The Multi-Cultural Club will be meeting with Ms. Grimes today in Room 304 to discuss school climate, school bias, and school stereotypes. We will also be getting ready to fundraise during the Bonfire tonight. All are welcome to come help and join the discussion.
• The class of 2020 will be selling BVT sunglasses at lunch today and at the Bonfire tonight. Don't forget to get a pair before the Pep Rally tomorrow.
• The Art Club will be hosting Ringling School of Art and Design today in Room 250 after school at 2:10 p.m. sharp. See Ms. Maclure with any questions.
• The GSA Club would like to invite everyone to a screening of the documentary by the National Geographic titled Gender Revolution: A Journey with Katie Couric on Thursday, October 26th at 6:30 p.m. in the Cafe Annex.
• Freshmen – The Student Council will be selling Freshmen Pep Rally shirts for $10 today and tomorrow. We will be selling them in the front lobby beginning at 7:20 a.m. and continue until homeroom begins.
• The Fashion Club will meet today in the Student Services Conference Room right after school. Please bring your fall outfits with you. Also, remember to join Remind@BVTFASH.
• The BVT SkillsUSA Chapter will be hosting a chicken dinner on Thursday, November 9th at 6:00 p.m. in the cafeteria. The cost of the dinner is $15 per person. Tickets may be purchased from any SkillsUSA Chapter member as well as Ms. Manoogian in Culinary Arts or Ms. Corda in Health Services.
• Help support the sophomore class at the Bonfire tonight and bring your money for Teacher Dares. If we raise enough, you can see your favorite teacher do something incredibly silly.
• Seniors - If you are a Shop Representative, please check your email for important information regarding the Pep Rally on Friday. Please share this information with your classmates. Reminders will be sent out on Instagram and Twitter.
• The SEA Club will meet today in Paint & Design to prepare for our Pie the Teacher event at the Bonfire. Be sure to stop by our booth tonight to pie your favorite teacher.
• The JV Boys Soccer A & B teams practice is cancelled for today.
• There will be no Game Design Club meeting today.
• There will be a SkillsUSA chapter meeting on Tuesday, October 24th at 2:15 p.m. in the Three Seasons Restaurant. All are welcome to attend.
• There will be no 5:45 p.m. Sports Late Bus today. It has been changed to 8:15 p.m. following the Bonfire. The buses will follow the standard late bus routes.
• Students attending the after school activities are reminded to bring their Student ID's and tickets.
• Students are reminded that the school will be locked at 6 p.m. tonight. Please do not leave school supplies, backpacks or personal items in the school -- you will not be able to access them.
• All tickets to the Homecoming Dance must match the name on the sales list and your Student ID. If you have switched tickets with another student, the name change must be made in the Student Life office no later than 1:00 p.m. tomorrow. Students will not be allowed into the dance if the ticket number does not match the name on the dance list. There will be no exceptions. All students should enter the building through the front entrance. The registration tables will be located in the main foyer and all other doors will be locked.
Quote of the Day“The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.”
— Vince Lombardi
4th: Teacher In-Service – 7:45 to 10:30 a.m.
Late Start – 10:30 a.m. to 2:10 p.m.
9th: Columbus Day – NO SCHOOL
12th: Friends of Rachel Charity Dinner
– 5:00 to 6:30 p.m.
13th: Senior Yearbook Photo
16th – 20th: Spirit Week
18th: Parent Advisory Council Presentation:
19th: Homecoming Barbecue
– 5:30 to 7:00 p.m.
Homecoming Bonfire – 7:00 to 8:15 p.m.
School Committee Meeting – 6:00 p.m.
20th: Homecoming Pep Rally
– 12:45 to 2:10 p.m.
Homecoming Dance – 7:00 to 10:00 p.m.
21st: Homecoming Festival
– 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
25th: General Advisory Dinner
– 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.