Is BVT right for you?
Making the decision to attend a vocational technical high school might just be one of the most important decisions of your life thus far! But how do you know whether BVT is right for you?
It’s simple, really. Start by answering these questions:
• Do you love a good challenge?
• Do you learn best when your hands, mind, and heart work together?
• Are you open to new ideas, working collaboratively, and listening intently?
• Are you ready to expand your outlook and make meaningful connections within a
• Do you believe it’s never too soon to begin planning your future?
If your answer to any of these questions is an enthusiastic “YES!” we’d love to hear from you. Take some time to browse through this view book and read about our 18 exciting career vocational technical programs and rigorous academic offerings. See how many extracurricular activities are available to help you develop your interests, fuel your passion, make new friends, and have fun!
How to Apply
Students with a passion for learning who reside in the 13-town of Blackstone Valley Vocational Regional School District and who will have completed Grade 8 prior to enrolling, may apply. An application may be obtained from your school guidance counselor, downloaded and printed or by calling our Admissions Office at 508–529–7758 x3141. Private school students may obtain an application through the BVT website. NOTE: The deadline to apply for grade 9 is Friday, January 31st. Upperclassman Applications are due April 1, 2020.
Subject to the availability of openings, upperclassman, like 8th grade students looking to apply for the 9th grade, must obtain an application from their local school Guidance Counselor or on BVT's website and proceed through the admissions process in the same way. Applications for upperclassman are due April 1st.
The following time line should be kept in mind:
• October: Presentations of BVT at district schools during the school day arranged by
each sending school’s guidance department.
• November: Tours of BVT during the school day arranged by each sending school’s
guidance department. Private school students call x3020 for the private school tour
date/time or check current tour schedule.
• November: Our Annual Admissions Open House is open to Grade 7 & 8 students and
their families for self-guided tours and informational activities throughout the building.
• Friday, January 31: Application Deadline.
• February: Interviews are conducted at district schools. Private school student as well
as absences are interviewed at BVT.
• March (late): Notification/acceptance letters mailed.
• April (late): Deadline to accept for those who received a letter of acceptance.
• April: Placement testing conducted for accepted students. Upperclassman
application deadline (April 1st).
• June/July: Subject to availability of openings, applications for upperclassmen
For complete details on what it takes to become a BVT Beaver, check out our BVT Admissions Policy.
For questions please contact the Admission Office:
“Valley Tech can be such a good inspiration and something to strive for.
If you’re not doing well in school, you might say to yourself,
‘I want to go to Valley Tech, so what do I need to do to improve?’”— Elizabeth DeCosta,
Manufacturing & Engineering Technology, Class of 2017
Prepare for Your Admissions Interview
First time getting ready for an interview?
No worries, we have some helpful tips
and sample interview questions
that will get you ready for your