Is BVT right for you?
Making the decision to attend a vocational-technical high school might just be one of the most important decisions of your life thus far. But how do you know whether BVT is right for you?
It’s simple, really. Start by answering these questions:
• Do you love a good challenge?
• Do you learn best when your hands, mind, and heart work together?
• Are you open to new ideas, working collaboratively, and listening intently?
• Are you ready to expand your outlook and make meaningful connections within a
• Do you believe it’s never too soon to begin planning your future?
If your answer to any of these questions is an enthusiastic “YES!” we’d love to hear from you. Take some time to browse through our View Book and read about our 18 exciting career vocational-technical programs and rigorous academic offerings. See how many extracurricular activities are available to help you develop your interests, fuel your passion, make new friends, and have fun!
How to Apply
Students with a passion for learning who reside in the 13-town of Blackstone Valley Vocational Regional School District and who will have completed Grade 8 prior to enrolling, may apply. This year we will be offering an online Freshman application. The online application (which is not yet available) is the primary and preferred method for applying. However, if you need a paper copy, you may obtain one from your school guidance counselor or call our Admissions Office at 508–529–7758 x3020. The deadline to apply for grade 9 is the first Friday in February.
Upperclassmen Application: Admissions for grades 10-12 are subject to the availability of openings. Upperclassmen, like 8th-grade students interested in applying for the 9th grade, please use the online application or obtain an application from their local school Guidance Counselor, and proceed through the admissions process in the same way. The deadline to apply for upperclassman is the first Friday in April.
The following timeline should be kept in mind (subject to change due to COVID-19):
• November/December: Unfortunately, campus tours are not available at this time. We are
planning to create an opportunity for interested students and families to visit our campus
during the winter months. Please check back to get updates on the status of tours.
• First Friday in February: Application Deadline.
• February: Interviews are conducted at district schools. Private school students as well
as absences are interviewed at BVT.
• March (late): Notification/acceptance letters mailed.
• First Friday in April: Upperclassman application deadline.
• April 9, 2022: Placement testing for accepted incoming freshman students.
• April (late): Deadline to accept for those who received an acceptance letter.
• June/July: Subject to availability of openings, applications for upperclassmen are reviewed.For complete details on what it takes to become a BVT Beaver, check out our BVT Admissions Policy.
For questions, please contact the Admission Office:
With the initial round of acceptances
sent on March 29th and additional
acceptances sent on May 7th,
the incoming freshman class is full.
As declines are received from now
until the start of school in August,
additional applicants will be accepted
to fill those seats. Notifications will
be sent via e-mail ONLY to those
The online application is not yet available.Check back at a later time.
IMPORTANT DATESFreshman Orientation DayFriday, August 20thFirst Day of School for All Students
Monday, August 23rd
Prepare for Your Admissions Interview
First time getting ready for an interview?
No worries, we have some helpful tips
and sample interview questions
that will get you ready for your