Is BVT right for you?
Making the decision to attend a vocational-technical high school might just be one of the most important decisions of your life thus far. But how do you know whether BVT is right for you?
It’s simple, really. Start by answering these questions:
• Do you love a good challenge?
• Do you learn best when your hands, mind, and heart work together?
• Are you open to new ideas, working collaboratively, and listening intently?
• Are you ready to expand your outlook and make meaningful connections within a
• Do you believe it’s never too soon to begin planning your future?
If your answer to any of these questions is an enthusiastic “YES!” we’d love to hear from you. Take some time to browse through our View Book and read about our 18 exciting career vocational-technical programs and rigorous academic offerings. See how many extracurricular activities are available to help you develop your interests, fuel your passion, make new friends, and have fun!
How to Apply
Students with a passion for learning who reside in the 13-town of Blackstone Valley Vocational Regional School District and who will have completed Grade 8 prior to enrolling, may apply. This year we will be offering an online application. The online application is the primary and preferred method for applying. However, if you need a paper copy, you may obtain one from your school guidance counselor or call our Admissions Office at 508–529–7758 x3020. The deadline to apply for grade 9 is the first Friday in February.
Admissions for grades 10-12 are subject to the availability of openings. Upperclassman, like 8th-grade students interested in applying for the 9th grade, please use the online application or obtain an application from their local school Guidance Counselor, and proceed through the admissions process in the same way. Applications for upperclassman are due April 1st.
Admission Information Sessions
This fall we're offering a new format with online admission information sessions. Join the conversation and learn all there is to know about BVT, from our curriculum and school culture to the ins and outs of our admission process. Choose from one of these three sessions:
• Wednesday, October 21st
• Tuesday, October 27th
• Wednesday, November 4th
Reserve your spot today by completing our online registration form.
The following timeline should be kept in mind (subject to change due to COVID-19):
• November/December: Unfortunately, campus tours are not available at this time. We are
planning to create an opportunity for interested students and families to visit our campus
during the winter months. Please check back to get updates on the status of tours.
• Friday, February 5th: Application Deadline.
• February: Interviews are conducted at district schools. Private school students as well
as absences are interviewed at BVT.
• March (late): Notification/acceptance letters mailed.
• April 1st: Upperclassman application deadline.
• April 10, 2021: Placement testing for accepted incoming freshman students.
• April (late): Deadline to accept for those who received an acceptance letter.
• June/July: Subject to availability of openings, applications for upperclassmen
For complete details on what it takes to become a BVT Beaver, check out our BVT Admissions Policy.
For questions, please contact the Admission Office:Michele Denise
Prepare for Your Admissions Interview
First time getting ready for an interview?
No worries, we have some helpful tips
and sample interview questions
that will get you ready for your
Incoming Freshman Placement Exam
Saturday, April 10th