Course Registration for Career PlanningWe make every effort to provide students and their families with helpful information and guidance around course selection and career planning. Please utilize these resources, including teacher, counselor and/or liaison recommendations along with our Program of Studies, to review your course selections and their prerequisites.
Students along with their parents/guardians, are ultimately responsibility to select a four-year course of study that is consistent with the student's post-secondary plans (college, work, or military). As always, we encourage students to take rigorous courses and keep the end in mind - the Academic Course Chart on page 13 of the Program of Studies provides an overview of all courses by grade-level and may be helpful in that process.
Course Registration Procedures
Online Teacher Recommendations
• Core academic teachers (Math, Science, English, and Social Studies) and elective teachers will review their current class lists and designate the course they recommend the student enroll in for 2018 – 2019. This process will be completed for sophomores by February 1st.
• This process will be completed for freshmen and juniors by February 8th.
Online Student Requests
• Sophomores review teacher recommendations during their Career Enrichment classes on February 5th.
• Freshmen and juniors review teacher recommendations during their Career Enrichment classes on February 13th.
• The Career Enrichment teacher will assist students with their online login and facilitate the process of course requests.
• School Counselors will be present in the Career Enrichment classroom to assist with student questions relating to course selection.
• The Program of Studies is posted on the BVT website and hard copies will be available in the Career Enrichment classrooms as well.
School Counselor Recommendations
• School Counselors will review teacher recommendations and student requests.
• Counselors will look to resolve any conflict issues that may occur between the teacher recommendation and the student request.
• In cases where the teacher and student agree and the counselor concurs, the counselor will approve the request.
• Counselors will contact the student, teacher and/or parent/guardian to resolve conflicts that persist to determine the most appropriate selection.
• A 2018 – 2019 Student Course Request Verification will be published in iPASS along with the final 2017 – 2018 report card. Parents and students may access these documents via iParent and iStudent shortly after the end of the school year.
Important DatesThursday, February 1stDeadline for teacher
recommendations for SophomoresMonday, February 5thDuring Career Enrichment class Sophomores
approve teacher recommendations
or enter a different request.Thursday, February 8thDeadline for teacher recommendations
for Freshmen and JuniorsTuesday, February 13thDuring Career Enrichment class Freshmen and
Juniors approve teacher recommendations
or enter different request.February – JuneCounselors review and process
and student requests.June2018 – 2019 Course Request
Verifications are published in iPASS
along with final 2017 – 2018 report card.