Welcome to the Digital Learning CommonsOur Digital Learning Commons is more than just books, it is now a center for digital learning. We house a large selection of fiction and nonfiction books – including audiobooks, large print books, reference books, and graphic novels – as well as computers for student use and laptop carts for classroom use. The wide array of resources for our students and staff makes our Digital Learning Commons the hub for all literary, research, and project needs.We encourage teachers and students to use reliable research systems for papers and projects. Our variety of databases are available for in-school and at-home use. We also house items for student use on school projects such as digital cameras, video cameras, and computers with internet access and printing capabilities. Note: these items are for use only during school hours and under teacher supervision.We also want to teach our students to be media literate, so students have access to current issues of a variety of newspapers and magazines.
Magazines• American History • National Geographic• Animation • Popular Mechanics• Cars & Parts • Popular Science• Cooks Illustrated • Print• Discover • School Arts• Entrepreneur • Science News• Fine Homebuilding • Smithsonian• Fine Woodworking • Time• Food Network • VideoMaker• Motor Trend
Search for your next must-read book with Alexandria, our virtual card catalog. Alexandria is a fun and interactive research tool that helps you search for books from any location.
Check Out These Resources...
The following resources may require a password when used outside of the school building. Passwords are available through the English department or media center.EBSCO Research Databases (only available at BVT, please ask the DLC for username and password)
• MAS Ultra School Edition - magazines, full-text reference books, biographies,
primary source documents, and an image collection (photos, maps & flags)
• Vocational and Career Collection
• Science Reference Center
• Health Source Consumer Edition
• Newspaper Source
• ERIC-the Education Resource Information Center
• Professional Development Collection
• Advanced Placement Source
• Health Source: Nursing/Academic EditionNewsBank(please ask the DLC for username and password)• Full text of International and Domestic Newspapers & Magazines.ABC-Clio Social Studies Database(please ask the DLC for username and password)• American Government
• American History
• Issues: Understanding Controversy and Society
• World History: The Modern Era
Come Visit Us!
Stop by the Digital Learning Commons
and our Learning Lab to check out
a book, learn more about our
resources, or get help on a project.
Our Hours Are:
Monday: 7:15 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.Tuesday: 7:15 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.Wednesday: 7:15 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.Thursday: 7:15 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.Friday: 7:15 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.For questions or concerns
feel free to contact:508–529–7758 x 2713