For nearly 18 years, the Milford Regional Medical Center’s School Based Health Center located in BVT's health suite has been collaborating with our School Nurses and Counselors to treat and prevent health and social problems that can interfere with a student’s academic success. Your health insurance company will be billed for visits, however, if the insurance does not cover the visit you will not receive a bill for services rendered. No money is exchanged in the health center. No student will ever be denied services for financial reasons.
The following services are available through our School Based Health Center:
• Diagnosis and treatment of minor and acute medical conditions
• Physical exams for sports, school, and employment
• Abstinence-based education
(Contraceptives will not be distributed on our campus)
• Consultation with Primary Care Provider to provide onsite assistance as needed
Mental Health Counseling/Case Management
• Mental health evaluations
• On-site counseling for depression, anxiety, substance abuse, relationships, self-esteem,
and other mental health needs tailored to adolescents
• Management of food allergies
• Counseling, including options to maximize healthy living
• Nutrition assessments
• Diabetes support
Not only do these services help your child receive medical care without sacrificing an entire day of school, but the MRMC School Based Health Center also provides continuity of care by coordinating with our student’s parents, primary care physician, and other healthcare providers as needed. As a center serving an adolescent population, continuity of care can go a long way toward helping a teenager build trust with his or her healthcare provider.
Before your child can receive services at the MRMC School Based Health Center, you must enrolled them into the program by filling out a consent form.
For more information, please contact:
Office Coordinator/Community Outreach