Whether illness strikes during the school day or a chronic issue requires long-term assistance, BVT and the Milford Regional Medical Center
are here to provide your child with the care they deserve.
For nearly 15 years, the Milford Regional Medical Center’s School Based Health Center located in BVT's health suite has been collaborating with our School Nurses and Counselors to treat and prevent health and social problems that can interfere with a student’s academic success. While insurance companies are billed for your child’s care, there is no fee applied to BVT families and no student will ever be denied services for financial reasons. The following services are available through our School Based Health Center:
• Diagnosis and treatment of minor and acute medical conditions
• Physical exams for sports, school, and employment
• Information about communicable diseases with testing and treatment (if needed)
• Prevention of pregnancy, including abstinence (Contraceptives will not be distributed
on the campus)
• Consultation with Primary Care Provider to provide onsite assistance with chronic illness.
Example: asthma, diabetes, etc.
• Referrals for health services which cannot be provided on site
Mental Health Counseling/Case Management
• Counseling related to adolescent issues
• Mental health evaluations
• Individual, group, and family counseling
• Emergency assessments, including referrals
• Counseling, including diet and weight control
• Nutrition assessments
• Diabetes support
Not only do these services help your child receive medical care without sacrificing an entire day of school, but the MRMC School Based Health Center also provides continuity of care by coordinating with our student’s parents, primary care physician, and other healthcare providers. As a center serving an adolescent population, continuity of care can go a long way toward helping a teenager build trust with his or her healthcare provider.
Before your child can receive services at the MRMC School Based Health Center, you must enrolled them into the program by filingl out a consent form.
For more information, contact:
Office Coordinator/Community Outreach