Admissions ProcessA new career in Practical Nursing is waiting for you. If you are interested in nursing and want to apply to our program, please print (single-sided) our Practical Nursing Program Application from our website or visit the Main Office between 7:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. for a paper application. Please make arrangements with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 508–529–7758 ext. 3122 before stopping by our campus. If we are unable to answer, please leave a detailed message, and we will return your call.
Candidates for admission to our Practical Nursing Program are required to submit the following along with the $125.00 non-refundable application and TEAS exam fee:
Payment can be made by cash, certified check, or money order at our Business Office during school office hours (between 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.) or by credit card using the Submit Payment link, which will take you to BVT's online payment center. Credit cards and personal checks will NOT be accepted in the Business Office.
1. A handwritten application, resume, and essay titled "What characteristics do you possess that would make you want to be a practical nurse?" The essay is carefully reviewed for content and format. Please cite a source or reference to support your essay.
2. Three (3) professional references are needed: an immediate supervisor (past or present), an employer (past or present), an additional reference from a co-worker, teacher, counselor, or a person with whom you have collaborated on a project or community service. Professional references cannot be family or friends.
3. Satisfactory evidence of secondary school graduation or its equivalent. For example, an official high school transcript or official GED scores/transcript. Foreign Transcripts will need to be translated through the Center of Education Documentation, www.cedevaluations.com. Associates or Bachelors Degree, if completed, you do not need to submit your high school or GED, OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS required from the University/College.4. A current passport, original birth certificate, or approved documentation. Minimum age of at least 17.5 years of age before entering into the program.
5. After the above requirements are received and you have successfully passed the TEAS exam, you will be contacted for an interview. It is your responsibility to check that all parts of the application process have been completed and that materials have been received by the PN Program. Applications that remain incomplete for more than 60 days will not be reviewed or included in the admission process.
6. Additional requirements include proof of health insurance, and if you are in-district, in-district verification, a photo ID.
Notice of Compliance
Attention Veterans: Our Practical Nursing Program is recognized as a GI Bill-approved school. To ensure consistency and compliance with Section 103 of the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018, BVT requires:
• The veteran or other eligible beneficiary to provide a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or statement of benefit prior to the first day of classes.
• The veteran or other eligible beneficiary to provide a written request to have their VA educational benefits certified for the semester.
• The veteran or other eligible beneficiary to provide additional information necessary to properly certify their enrollment by the educational institution.
• The policy concerning section 103 is to be available to our current and potential students on our website.
• The policy concerning section 103 will be available to our current and potential students in our next PN Student Handbook.
AnnouncementPN Class of 2024 is in TERM 3,
they're in the home stretch.
We will start accepting applications
for the Class of 2026
in August 2024.QUESTIONS?
Our Practical Nursing staff
can help answer questions viaemail: email@example.com: 508–529–7758 x3122Please leave a detailed message,
and your call will be returned.