Is BVT right for you?
Making the decision to attend a vocational-technical high school might just be one of the most important decisions of your life thus far. But how do you know whether BVT is right for you?
It’s simple, really. Start by answering these questions:
• Do you love a good challenge?
• Do you learn best when your hands, mind, and heart work together?
• Are you open to new ideas, working collaboratively, and listening intently?
• Are you ready to expand your outlook and make meaningful connections within a
• Do you believe it’s never too soon to begin planning your future?
If your answer to any of these questions is an enthusiastic “YES!” we’d love to hear from you. Take some time to browse through our View Book and read about our 18 exciting career vocational-technical programs and rigorous academic offerings. See how many extracurricular activities are available to help you develop your interests, fuel your passion, make new friends, and have fun!
How to Apply
Freshmen Application: Students with a passion for learning who reside in the 13-town of Blackstone Valley Vocational Regional School District and who will have completed Grade 8 prior to enrolling, may apply. This year we will be offering an online Freshman application. The freshman online application (opened Friday, October 1st) is the primary and preferred method for applying. However, if you need a paper copy, you may obtain one from your school guidance counselor or call our Admissions Office at 508–529–7758 x3020. The deadline to apply for grade 9 is the first Friday in February.
Upperclassmen Application: Admissions for grades 10-12 are subject to the availability of openings. Upperclassmen, like 8th-grade students interested in applying for the 9th grade, please use the upperclassman online application or obtain an application from their local school Guidance Counselor, and proceed through the admissions process in the same way. The deadline to apply for upperclassman is the first Friday in April.Drafting & Design Technology Two Year Program: A rising junior student (10th grade student at the time of the application) who is a resident of the Blackstone Valley Vocational Regional School District and is interested in pursuing training in the drafting trade is eligible to apply for the two-year Chapter 74 approved Drafting program. Selection for this program will be by lottery after the successful completion of the drafting application. Students applying for the two-year drafting program are not eligible for in-school program transfers. Learn more about this unique opportunity. Admission Timeline
The following timeline should be kept in mind (subject to change due to COVID-19):
• November: Campus tours are not available at this time. An opportunity to tour our school
may arise over the winter months. Our Admissions Open House is scheduled to be
in person, however, a final decision will be made closer to the event.
• First Friday in February: Application Deadline.
• January & February: Interviews are conducted virtually.
• March (late): Notification/acceptance letters mailed.
• April 1st: Upperclassman & Drafting application deadline.
• April 9th: Placement testing for accepted incoming freshman students.
• April (late): Deadline to accept for those who received an acceptance letter.
• May 3rd: Lottery selection for admission into the two-year Drafting Program.
• June/July: Subject to availability of openings, applications for upperclassmen
are reviewed.For complete details on what it takes to become a BVT Beaver, check out our BVT Admissions Policy.
For questions, please contact the Admission Office:
Prepare for Your Admissions Interview
First time getting ready for an interview?
No worries, we have some helpful tips
and sample interview questions
that will get you ready for your