Is BVT right for you?
Making the decision to attend a vocational-technical high school might just be one of the most important decisions of your life thus far. But how do you know whether BVT is right for you?
It’s simple, really. Start by answering these questions:
• Do you love a good challenge?
• Do you learn best when your hands, mind, and heart work together?
• Are you open to new ideas, working collaboratively, and listening intently?
• Are you ready to expand your outlook and make meaningful connections within a
• Do you believe it’s never too soon to begin planning your future?
If your answer to any of these questions is an enthusiastic “YES!” we’d love to hear from you. Take some time to browse through our View Book and read about our 18 exciting career vocational-technical programs and rigorous academic offerings. See how many extracurricular activities are available to help you develop your interests, fuel your passion, make new friends, and have fun!
How to Apply
Freshmen Application: Students with a passion for learning who reside in the 13 towns of Blackstone Valley Vocational Regional School District and who will have completed Grade 8 prior to enrolling, may apply. The freshmen online application (tentatively opening October 1st) is the primary and preferred method for applying. However, if you need a paper copy, you may obtain one online or call our Admissions Office at 508–529–7758 x3020. The deadline to apply for grade 9 January 15th.
Upperclassmen Application: Admissions for grades 10-12 are subject to the availability of openings. Admissions for grades 11 & 12 must be a transfer from another vocational school. Upperclassmen apply using the upperclassmen online application The deadline to apply for upperclassmen is April 1st. For transfers from another vocational school, call Admissions before applying.Drafting & Design Technology Two Year Program: A rising junior student (10th grade student at the time of the application) who is a resident of the Blackstone Valley Vocational Regional School District and is interested in pursuing training in the drafting trade is eligible to apply for the two-year Chapter 74 approved Drafting program. Selection for this program will be by lottery after the successful completion of the drafting application. Students applying for the two-year drafting program are not eligible for in-school program transfers. Learn more about this unique opportunity. Admission Timeline
The following timeline should be kept in mind (subject to change):
• November: Campus tours are tentative. Check back for more information.
Our Admissions Open House is scheduled for November 16th.
• January 15th: Freshman Application Deadline.
• January & February: Interviews are conducted virtually.
• March (late): Notification/acceptance letters mailed.
• April 1st: Upperclassman & Drafting application deadline.
• April 1st: Placement testing for accepted incoming freshman students.
• April (late): Deadline to accept for those who received an acceptance letter.
• May 3rd: Lottery selection for admission into the two-year Drafting Program.
• June/July/August: Subject to availability of openings, applications for upperclassmen
are reviewed.For complete details on what it takes to become a BVT Beaver, check out our BVT Admissions Policy.
For questions, please contact the Admission Office:
Mark Your Calendar
Online applications open
Saturday, October 1st
due January 15thAdmissions Notifications were sent via email Thursday, 3/16/23. The deadline to accept a seat is 4/15/23. The application reopens April 1st. No further acceptances will be made until May when the first offers have been accepted or declined.
due April 1st
Only use to apply for 10th grade
E-mail notifications for
Acceptances late March
Download our View Book and learn
how BVT is transforming education
and the lives of our students.
First time getting ready for an interview?
No worries, we have some helpful tips
and sample interview questions
that will get you ready for your