Tier 2 – Hybrid Learning One Grade
One grade is allowed in the building while the other three grade levels remain at home for distance learning with students following their academic and vocational schedules.
Tier 2 Academic Cycle
• All students participating in distance learning will follow this bell schedule.
• Homeroom attendance will be taken during the first period class of the day at 7:55 a.m.
• In this hybrid model, some high needs students may still participate in full-time in-person
instruction to ensure effective accommodations, and some families may still decide to
keep their teen in distance learning full time.
• Students who are at home on days designated for their grade level to be in the
schoolhouse will access the curriculum through technological outlets such as Zoom,
Canvas, Outlook, etc. and through traditional procedures of collecting missed work
Tier 2 Vocational Cycle
• One grade level will report to BVT for their vocational shop at a time (i.e. Sophomores at
BVT on Monday, Tuesday, and alternating Wednesdays, and Seniors at BVT on Thursday,
Friday, and alternating Wednesdays). Students will be in the shop for a total of five days
during the two-week cycle.
• In-person instruction in vocational shops will be conducted in a school environment that
has been appropriately modified to address health and safety requirements issued by
DESE and BVT.
• Social distancing
• Designated mask break areas
• Vocational cycle students who remain in distance learning will have two 1.5 hour work
sessions during non-in-person days.
• Vocational assignments will be a combination of online live sessions, hands-on projects,
and extended assignments. Students remaining on distance learning will follow these
Tier 2 Freshman Exploratory
Within the design of Tiers 2–5, freshmen will be able to participate in our Freshman Exploratory experience. In Tier 2, our freshmen begin on Monday & Tuesday with two virtual shop sessions during their B Cycle shop weeks. Freshmen will report on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of the B Cycle week.
Tier 2 Distance Learning
Distance learning will include "live" instruction in all educational areas for the school year.
• All assigned academic and shop work will be graded and assessed based on standard
grading expectations associated with being in the classroom.
• The distance learning schedule will follow the A/B Weeks on our traditional one-week cycle.
• Students will participate in a full day of classes and shop learning each day of the week.
• We will track attendance and student participation using iPass as if we were operating
under normal face-to-face circumstances. Families will be able to utilize their iParent
and iStudent accounts for this information throughout the school year regardless of
which tier we are operating in.
• Remote academic and vocational work will be in alignment with typical state standards
utilized during non-COVID times.
• Student work will be assessed regularly using a customary numerical system and families
will be able to track progress using their iParent and iStudent accounts.
• Teachers will be utilizing Canvas, Zoom, e-mail, and other technology platforms to
conduct distance learning.
• Interpretation and translation services remain available for families in need of those services.
TIER 2 DESIGNATED DAYS
Sophomores at BVT
Seniors at BVTWednesday
First Wednesday – Sophomores at BVT
First Wednesday – Seniors at BVT
Juniors at BVT
Freshmen at BVT
Freshmen at BVT
(until conclusion of the Exploratory process)
COVID-19 GUIDELINESKeep your teen happy, healthy,
and safe this school year by staying
up-to-date on our most recent
Stay up-to-date on the most
important dates for school
events and information.
If your teen is using equipment on loan
from BVT and has any technology issues,
you can e-mail your questions to
our Technology Department at: