Tier 3 – Hybrid Learning Two Grades
Two grades are in the building, represented by two full grade levels in shop and two full grade levels in academic distance learning.
Tier 3 Academic Cycle
• Students in distance learning will follow the regular school day bell schedule.
• Homeroom attendance will be taken during the first period class of the day at 7:55 a.m.
• In this hybrid model, some high needs students may still participate in full-time in-person
instruction to ensure effective accommodations, and some families may still decide to
keep their teen in distance learning full time.
• Students who are at home on days designated for their grade level to be in the
the schoolhouse will access the curriculum through technological outlets such as Zoom,
Canvas, Outlook, etc. and through traditional procedures of collecting missed work
Tier 3 Vocational Cycle
• Two grade levels will report to BVT for their vocational shop cycle.
• In-person instruction in vocational shops will be conducted in a school environment that
has been appropriately modified to address health and safety requirements issued by
DESE and BVT.
• Social distancing
• Desks no closer than three feet apart
• Designated mask break areas
Tier 3 Distance Learning
Distance learning will include "live" instruction in all educational areas for the school year.
• All assigned academic and shop work will be graded and assessed based on standard
grading expectations associated with being in the classroom.
• The distance learning schedule will follow the A/B Weeks on our traditional one-week cycle.
• Students will participate in a full day of classes and shop learning each day of the week.
• We will track attendance and student participation using iPass as if we were operating
under normal face-to-face circumstances. Families will be able to utilize their iParent
and iStudent accounts for this information throughout the school year regardless of
which tier we are operating in.
• Remote academic and vocational work will be in alignment with typical state standards
utilized during non-COVID times.
• Student work will be assessed regularly using a customary numerical system and families
will be able to track progress using their iParent and iStudent accounts.
• Teachers will be utilizing Canvas, Zoom, e-mail, and other technology platforms to
conduct distance learning.
• Interpretation and translation services remain available for families in need of those services.
TIER 3 DESIGNATED DAYSA CycleMonday through FridayJunior & Freshmen in Distance LearningSenior & Sophomores at BVTB CycleMonday through FridayJunior & Freshmen at BVTSenior & Sophomores in Distance Learning
Keep your teen happy, healthy,
and safe this school year by staying
up-to-date on our most recent
Stay up-to-date on the most
important dates, school events,
and other information.
If your teen is using equipment on loan
from BVT and has any technology issues,
you can e-mail your questions to
our Technology Department at: