Suit Up & Take the FieldThe summer is almost here, but before you know it you’ll be kicking off your flip flops, lacing up your sneakers, and joining us on our athletic fields. We have a number of fall sports you can take part in to help you develop a strong sense of focus and commitment while staying active and healthy. Team sports are also a great opportunity to make new friends and have fun as you work together in a competitive environment.
• Football – Varsity, Junior Varsity, and Freshmen• Field Hockey – Varsity and Junior Varsity• Girls Soccer – Varsity, Junior Varsity, and Freshmen• Boys Soccer – Varsity, Junior Varsity, and Freshmen• Cross Country – Varsity and Junior Varsity• Girls Volleyball – Varsity, Junior Varsity, and Freshmen• Golf – Varsity and Junior Varsity• Fall Cheerleading – Varsity and Junior VarsityFall sports are only a few months away. Before you are eligible to participate, you must make sure you have completed all registration information below, which includes submitting an updated doctor's physical to the nurse's office.
For sports sign-ups, please proceed to the online registration. There are no forms that you need to complete; everything is in an online format. Select the registration link. It will direct you to the FamilyID website of BVT. You will be asked to log in using your e-mail address and password that you used last year. From there, you will be able to select your sport and proceed through all the questions.
Freshmen & New Athletes
To register for sports, please proceed to the online registration. There are no paper forms that you need to complete; everything is in an online format. Select the registration link. It will direct you to the FamilyID website for BVT. You will be asked to establish a login using your e-mail address and create a password. You will then receive a confirmation e-mail verifying your account. From there, you will be able to log back into FamilyID and select your sport. Please proceed thru all the questions.
NOTE: For incoming freshmen who have not received Student IDs yet, please use"0000" as your ID number.
All students wishing to participate in athletics must have completed the following:
• Fill out FamilyID Registration – The parents/guardians are responsible for filling out this form completely and ensuring that any and all medical information concerning your teen’s health, medical concerns, injuries, medications, and allergies are reported to the Athletic Department and coaches. Updated physical (within the last 13 months) should be handed in to the Athletic Director/School Nurse/Athletic Trainer. Students with expired physicals will not be permitted to participate in practices or games until a new physical is turned in.
• Pay Athletic Fee – After tryouts are completed and you have made the team, you must pay your athletic fee. Sports fees can be paid through our online payment center. Under "Transactions" on the left of the screen, choose "Athletic Fees" and your sports name. You can also bring your payment to the Business Office during school hours.
• Complete Baseline ImPACT Concussion Screening – Our Athletic Trainer will coordinate with coaches to schedule a date and time for the ImPACT Concussion Screening. All new athletes must complete and renew the screening two years after the first test date.
• Read the Athletic Handbook.
Fall Sports Tryouts ScheduleMark your calendar with our
new fall sports tryouts schedule
for all grade levels.CHEERLEADINGTuesday, August 23rd &
Wednesday, August 24th
2:30 – 5:00 p.m. in the CafeteriaFOOTBALL EQUIPMENT DISTRIBUTIONMonday, August 8th & Tuesday, August 9th3:30 – 5:00 p.m. in the locker room
across from Postma FieldFriday, August 19th2:45 p.m. at Practice FieldSaturday, August 20th9:00 a.m. at Practice FieldGOLFMonday, August 22nd2:30 p.m. at Back GymTuesday, August 23rd – Thursday, August 25th2:30 p.m. at assigned golf courses
Monday, August 22nd2:45 – 4:30 p.m. at TrackMonday, August 22nd –
Wednesday, August 24th2:30 p.m. at Field Hockey Field
(behind the school)
Monday, August 22nd –
Wednesday, August 24th2:30 p.m. at Back Soccer Field
(behind the school)Monday, August 22nd –
Wednesday, August 24th2:30 p.m. at Postma Soccer FieldMonday, August 22ndGrade 9
2:30 – 4:30 p.m. in Back GymGrades 10 – 12
3:30 – 5:40 p.m. in the
Competition CenterTuesday, August 23rd &
Wednesday, August 24thGrade 9
2:30 – 4:30 p.m. in Back GymGrades 10 – 12
2:30 – 5:40 p.m. in the Competition CenterNOTE: The Sports Late Buses
will leave BVT promptly at 5:45 p.m.
daily from the Café Annex doors.