|At Valley Tech we create a positive learning community that prepares students for personal and professional success in an internationally competitive society through a fusion of rigorous vocational, technical, and academic skills.
|Serving the towns of:
With an educated work force steeped in a history of innovation, invention, and business success, the historic Blackstone Valley region offers the community an exceptional quality of life. Its position, at the intersection of rail, road and air networks, makes it ideal for local, regional, and international business efforts. Twelve major colleges are situated within thirty minutes of the Blackstone Valley, including leaders in business, technology, medicine, and liberal arts.
Located in the heart of the region, Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical High School is easily accessible within an hour's drive of Boston, Providence, Worcester, and Hartford.
In partnership with local colleges, businesses and economic development agencies, Valley Tech works toward enhancing the economic, social, and historic strengths of the region. The school acts as a focal point for the region by sponsoring local, regional, and state level conferences on the economy, technology, and education; establishing regional technology and school-to-career initiatives; completing hundreds of hours in community service projects which draw on students' and instructors' vocational technical skills; and actively participating with government agencies, chambers of commerce, educational collaboratives, and the media.
- Total daytime student population in excess of 1,100 students
- 17 consolidated vocational technical programs
- Structured academic core program
- Bus transportation provided free of charge to all students
- Late bus transportation provided for after-school activities
- 193 teaching days
- Alternating one-week academic vocational cycles
- Low teacher-student ratios
- Student portfolios highlight academic, vocational, and extra-curricular accomplishments
- Community service projects provide practical experience and prepare students for effective citizenship
- Business and industry partnerships ensure relevance of curriculum to the changing workplace.
- Library/Media Center offers up-to-date print resources, electronic databases and encyclopedias, word processing, and on-line services.
For specific information about our district, please download our School Profile